CFS Fitness & Weight Loss Camp on Twitter!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day Three of the Self Esteem Project

So, last night I was staring at myself in the mirror, as is quickly becoming customary (not really, it's still pretty uncomfortable).  I was telling my reflection that I was proud of myself for doing this challenge.  Then, a sudden panic came over me as I recalled a memory from a Jack Canfield book.  He described a very similar task as what I'm doing and asking you all to join in on.  The one big difference is that he ended his mirror session by saying "I love you" to himself.  It's weird enough to say it to someone else (yeah, I have issues), but to tell myself was just downright embarrassing!  But I rationalized that I needed to put myself outside of my comfort zone for the entire week, and this would be a great way to step up my proverbial game.  So, I said it.  It was even stranger than I had anticipated.  I couldn't even hold eye contact with myself.  It was an interesting experience all around.  I think tonight, I'll try to say it and maintain eye contact.

By the way, my cheekbones are kind of cool and I have an amazing nose!  It's really kind of cool because it's kind of angular except the very end, where it gets round!  I guess I'm also appreciative that my ears don't stick out any further than they do.  I know that's kind of a back-handed compliment, but I just came to the realization that, sure they stick out, but I've seen a lot worse (Not that there's anything wrong with that!  That's just the reaction I had last night.).

No comments:

Post a Comment