CFS Fitness & Weight Loss Camp on Twitter!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Two of the Self-Esteem Project

So last night's mirror experience was all about the hair line, which has been a great source of insecurity for me since I was about 12 (that's when the hairline started retreating).  I've always kind of looked at it as something I hated, but as I was looking at it last night, I kind of started to see that it gives me some character.  I looked back at some old pictures to "compare the hair."  I think I still would prefer my old hairline, but I took a definite step in the right direction last night.

Next issue:  I started talking to myself last night -- in a healthy way.  I made sure my wife wouldn't hear me.  (I'm not quite ready to tell her what I'm doing, but I probably will after all is said and done.  I don't need the pressure of her listening in!)  I started telling myself some of the things I'm proud of about me.  I talked about my Master's degree, my family, my job, and how I influence lives (That last one was tough for me to put on the post.  There may just be someone reading this who doesn't think I influence lives, but I think I do!)

So there's the breakdown.  I hope you are getting some inspiration out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment